cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any documentation regarding ExtremeCloud IQ configuration defaults, specifically if and when the defaults change and why?

Is there any documentation regarding ExtremeCloud IQ configuration defaults, specifically if and when the defaults change and why?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I'm having some issues with existing device templates (possible template corruption) , so I am creating some new templates from scratch. When I created a new radio profile (based of a default template - ap550) I noticed that the wired interface defaults are different than they used to be. specifically, the lldp and cdp check boxes. previously these were checked by default for all interfaces. Now, only ETH1 has these checked.

This got me wondering about what the default settings are in other areas, and if there is anyway to keep up with what changes, when, and why. I know in at least one case, the default changed to avoid negative device behavior (5ghz tx beamforming) and if I not dealt with the issue via support, I may have turned that setting on without realizing.

What can I do to stay up to date on best practices and or default recommendations?

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately we don't have the defaults documented anywhere specific, and the change release notes may not get that granular. Some of the ExtremeCloud IQ help pages will mention the defaults, but that would take some digging on your part, and you won't be able to tell what they used to be. I would recommend speaking with your sales engineer to see if we can get more specific documentation on changes made to the GUI.

GTM-P2G8KFN