cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to query a BR200WP router via SNMP through the WAN interface?

Is there any way to query a BR200WP router via SNMP through the WAN interface?

corey_hitt
New Contributor

I have a public IP LibreNMS VM and I'd like to use it to monitor the WAN (public IP) interface of a BR200WP. Is there any way to activate SNMP on the WAN interface using SNMP v3 so I can monitor CPU, memory, interfaces throughput, etc.?

4 REPLIES 4

corey_hitt
New Contributor

Hi @Sam Pirok​ , no I'm not even able to get to the box to check it. I'm using HM NG on-prem version 19.5.1.7-NGVA and it will not allow me to select the WAN/ETH0 interface. I can select ETH1 - 4 to assign port types, but not ETH0. I'm assuming because it's currently a WAN Port, but I should still be able to allow SNMP traffic through that interface.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

When I go to Configure> Open the Network Policy> Go to the Router Settings Tab> Open the device template for a BR200WP> Select the WAN/ETH0 port> Click Assign> Create a new Port> Scroll down to the Traffic Filter Management section, I can check the box next to SNMP for WAN/ETH0. Are you unable to check that box? Could you tell me if you're using HiveManager Connect?

This guide will walk you through how to determine which HiveManager you are using, for reference: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Which-HiveManager-Platform-am-I-using

corey_hitt
New Contributor

Hi @Sam Pirok​ , unfortunately that article does not work. When defining the device template for a BR200 under Router Settings > Device Template, you cannot select and modify the WAN/ETH0 interface to enable SNMP in the Traffic Filter Management - only the internal ETH1-4 interfaces. Is this intended? Or just not implemented because it's not a priority? Is there a way to enable through CLI?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can set up SNMP in the HiveManager, this guide reviews how to do this: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/SNMP-Setup-in-HiveManager

GTM-P2G8KFN