Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Allowed-vlan auto from HM

Issue Allowed-vlan auto from HM

sajid_abbas
New Contributor

Hi,

We have a CVG on VM which, from the forum, needs to have promiscuous mode enabled. This has been causing some massive traffic spikes form unwanted network traffic causing high CPU usages as well.

I added the command "interface eth0 allowed-vlan auto" on the CLI. When I pushed a delta config to it from HM it revoked that command, reverting to allowed-vlan all.

Does anyone know how can I configure the command to allow Auto vlan on HM so that any config push does not cause to revert it to all vlan.

Thanks

Sajid

9 REPLIES 9

sajid_abbas
New Contributor

Futher update.

So i found the setting on Access Points but not CVG (where the actual problem lies) where there is no 'Interface and Network Setting'

Access Point

CVG Device Config

In this case the CLI supplement also doesn't work.

sajid_abbas
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response.

I checked these which i wanted to test first if/how CLI supplemental works.

The actual command that i need to implement is "interface eth0 allowed-vlan auto" which we need to implement on our CVG which gets hit with excessive traffic if all vlans are allowed.

Could you please guide us where this feature might be on GUI as everytime we push the policy the CLI command gets over-written even through we have configured supplement for it.

Sajid

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that screen shot. The reason those commands aren't taking affect is because those settings are already a part of the HiveManager configuration, and if a setting is in the configuration that will overwrite the supplemental CLI command. I would recommend configuring the LED settings via the management options of the network policy (Configure> Open network polic> Go to Additonal Settings> Management Options (left hand side menu under Network Services heading). You can also set the LLDP configuration in the Additional Settings of the network policy (LLDP/CDP on left hand side menu under Network Services heading).

sajid_abbas
New Contributor

Supplemental CLI config capture

GTM-P2G8KFN