Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Allowed-vlan auto from HM

Issue Allowed-vlan auto from HM

sajid_abbas
New Contributor

Hi,

We have a CVG on VM which, from the forum, needs to have promiscuous mode enabled. This has been causing some massive traffic spikes form unwanted network traffic causing high CPU usages as well.

I added the command "interface eth0 allowed-vlan auto" on the CLI. When I pushed a delta config to it from HM it revoked that command, reverting to allowed-vlan all.

Does anyone know how can I configure the command to allow Auto vlan on HM so that any config push does not cause to revert it to all vlan.

Thanks

Sajid

9 REPLIES 9

sajid_abbas
New Contributor

Hi,

So I performed the steps given by enabling the Supplemental CLI option, creating the CLI object and complete push of the policy.

It didn't work as expected.

To test this, it I pushed the following cli command to AP250 which we noticed turn off their LEDs automically.

Config shown in attached capture.

Are these option somewhere in GUI which over writes the CLI config or are they in the wrong format.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Of course, and thank you for letting me know which HiveManager platform you are using. This guide will walk through how to create a Supplemental CLI object in Classic: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/How-to-create-a-Supplemental-CLI-in-HiveManager-Clas...

sajid_abbas
New Contributor

Just for note, we are on HiveManager Classic version 8.2r2.

sajid_abbas
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response.

Are you able to elaborate how I can create that supplemental CLI object for this or any other command for that matter, that can survive policy push and reboots

Thanks

Sajid

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The HiveManager will overwrite manual settings that conflict with the settings it pushes out from the network configuration build. You could try creating a supplemental CLI object for that auto VLAN command so it won't get overwritten with configuration pushes and/or reboots?

GTM-P2G8KFN