cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue: ping drops when a Radius server to re-authenticate an end device

Issue: ping drops when a Radius server to re-authenticate an end device

alden_xu
New Contributor

ping drops 3 times when a Radius server to re- authenticate an end device. please explain why. thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Radius servers are authentication servers, which clients would need to authenticate against when connecting to an AP, which would all happen before a switch is involved with the traffic. While I'm sure there is a switch on the backend network, switches do not typically act as Radius servers, so I am trying to clarify what device is hosting the Radius server. I appreciate the screen shot you sent earlier showing the radius servers in your device list, but I can't tell what model device that is from the hostname of the device. Do you have a switch, set to router mode, acting as a Radius server?

Alternatively, you are always welcome to file a technical support case on this matter to request assistance from our support engineers.

alden_xu
New Contributor

can you please advise who in your team knows about what I am talking about?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry, I still don't understand what you mean when you say the Radius server is uploading to a switch?

Additionally, if you go to Configure> Open the network policy in use> Go to Additional Settings> Device data Collection and Monitoring (left hand side menu)> Scroll down to the Automatic Synthetic Traffic Generation> Can you tell me if either option in this section is enabled?

alden_xu
New Contributor

alden_xu
New Contributor

Radius server is in head office and it uploads to one of Aerihive SR2024 onsite.

GTM-P2G8KFN