Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Guest to a single Hive

Limit Guest to a single Hive

itmanager2
New Contributor

Hi,

We have a client at one site and I have been asked to give them permanent Guest access for the duration of our project.

I want to give them access - with the credentials only being valid to a specific set (ideally) or only that site's APs.

I am running HM VA (previously know as NG) ON PREMISE with a single Policy company wide. I don't want to have to touch all the other APs to disable access / SSIDs etc.

Any ideas on how I can achieve this ?

Cheers

Ian

6 REPLIES 6

itmanager2
New Contributor

Thanks Sam - got it.

Cheers

Ian

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I've emailed that to you directly, my apologies for the trouble getting to that resource.

itmanager2
New Contributor

​Hi Sam,

That looks promising. I have created a CCG and added the APs - just need to figure out how to use it.

That Powerpoint requires a login though and my community credentials don't work. I can't see a way to request a login.

Any chance of getting it another way ?

Cheers

Ian

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You could try setting up cloud configuration groups, and assigning the APs you want the guests on to a specific group? That should like you assign an SSID to the group of APs without needing to go in to each one to do so. This guide reviews how to set up cloud config groups for reference: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Cloud-Configuration-Groups

GTM-P2G8KFN