cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Many of our access points are dropping off the network. When I SSH into access points in question the connection will be reset in seconds / minutes and I lose connection. No configuration was changed but it seems to be affecting AP's on multiple swit

Many of our access points are dropping off the network. When I SSH into access points in question the connection will be reset in seconds / minutes and I lose connection. No configuration was changed but it seems to be affecting AP's on multiple swit

gsiemens
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

gsiemens
New Contributor

Very bizzare. It shows as offline in ECIQ, the light on the AP goes red. If I SSH in, the SSH session will either delay connecting, experience huge delays while using it and eventually time me out, usually in under a minute.

The internet connection of these access points is unusable.

Many other weird things happened during this time. Many of our IP phones in three separate buildings on several different Aerohive switches wouldn't work (would freeze when I picked them up, flickering lights) and couldn't remote in to their control panel. Our PBX web interface would have unsuable lag followed by 10 minutes of connection time out. These issues all seem related.

To me it looks like a switch issue affecting multiple switches. I would say a firmware bug, but I have NO IDEA.

The problem eventually sorted its self out. I spent days trying to figure this out.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

when you say "dropping off the network" do you mean showing as offline in ECIQ?

I have been noticing lately that certain APs will randomly show as offline, but I can still ping their IP address. Sometimes I can SSH into them other times I can't. I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason to it at this point.

gsiemens
New Contributor

The problem goith as quick as thy comith.

I have no idea what was wrong. Three days 60% of our network dropping out, couldn't SSH in without being timed out.

Tried restarting everything, etc etc etc. It just solved it's self.

reinhardg
Contributor II

Have you already exchanged one or more of these APs with APs that are OK?

GTM-P2G8KFN