cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My customer's 30 day trial expired; and now their HiveManager asks for an entitlement key. How do I continue using HiveManager, but on the CONNECT license instead?

My customer's 30 day trial expired; and now their HiveManager asks for an entitlement key. How do I continue using HiveManager, but on the CONNECT license instead?

gwong
New Contributor

I read that I need to register for a new account at cloud.aerohive.com. I tried to register for another account using the same email address, but I never received an email. Do I need to register for a new account under a new email address?

Also, how do I move the APs from the current expired HiveManager to the new HiveManager CONNECT?

Thank you,

Garrett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Garrett,

Because Hivemanager NG Select has many more features and abilities than Connect, the foundation of Select and Connect are significantly different. Once an entitlement key is added to NG Connect, even a temporary, the instance will require entitlement forever.

This leaves the option of creating a new Hivemanager NG Connect instance with an unused Email Address, and as long as you don't add an entitlement key, you can keep using the Connect instance.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dsouri
Contributor III

Additionally, you would build the network policy and all network objects from anew in the new instance.

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Garrett,

The AP would have to be removed from the Inventory of the Hive it's in, and the Serial onboarded to the next Hive.

Without access to the current Hive, you may need to go through your Support channel to remove the Serial Number from the redirector.

Happy to help

gwong
New Contributor

Thank you David. I have just registered another email address; and am waiting for our introduction email.

Do I need to reset the AP and reconfigure the SSID's under the Connect account?

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Garrett,

Because Hivemanager NG Select has many more features and abilities than Connect, the foundation of Select and Connect are significantly different. Once an entitlement key is added to NG Connect, even a temporary, the instance will require entitlement forever.

This leaves the option of creating a new Hivemanager NG Connect instance with an unused Email Address, and as long as you don't add an entitlement key, you can keep using the Connect instance.

I hope this helps!

GTM-P2G8KFN