cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

My HiveManager is 8.2r2 and AP's are both HiveOS 8.2r3.199573 and 8.2r4.207023. My question is should I keep my AP's on the Golden version of the HiveOS or will it get me in trouble if the Hive Manger is different?

My HiveManager is 8.2r2 and AP's are both HiveOS 8.2r3.199573 and 8.2r4.207023. My question is should I keep my AP's on the Golden version of the HiveOS or will it get me in trouble if the Hive Manger is different?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You'll need the HiveManager version to be equal to or greater than the HiveOS version. If the HiveManager came out before the firmware, it won't know how to work with the firmware, and updates will start failing. You do want to keep your APs updated for the latest bug fixes and security updates, not to mention any new features that have been added. Do you have any hesitations about updating the HiveManager? I'd like to help if I can.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We'd be happy to help you through the upgrade, you'd want to open a technical support case to schedule a time with a technician for this. I just made sure you have case creation access in Hive Community so you should be good to go.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I have not been through a HiveManager upgrade before. I'm assuming the upgrade is pretty straight forward. Would you be able to assist over the phone perhaps? I have some questions about it.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You'll need the HiveManager version to be equal to or greater than the HiveOS version. If the HiveManager came out before the firmware, it won't know how to work with the firmware, and updates will start failing. You do want to keep your APs updated for the latest bug fixes and security updates, not to mention any new features that have been added. Do you have any hesitations about updating the HiveManager? I'd like to help if I can.

GTM-P2G8KFN