cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My users are having a lot of connection issues.

My users are having a lot of connection issues.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Most of the time people are using the wired network. Works fine. Lately (last 2 months+) people are having more and more issues connecting to the wifi and are getting dropped when moving around the office. The vendor who installed the AP's came in to do some diag and has more information, I can put you in touch with him if that helps.

15 REPLIES 15

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

In the data screen shots I sent you, the acsp neighbor list will display the BSSID of the SSID it is picking up. The first part of this BSSID will be the APs MAC address, but the last few characters will be different so it is sometimes difficult to pin down a particular AP. I would start with the AP you pulled tech data from, and any surrounding APs to begin with, and then re-check the acsp neighbor output to see where we are after those changes.

If you'd like a technician to walk through this with you on the phone, we'd be happy to set a time to speak with you. I've enabled case creation access for you per your account's support level. If you go to Cases in the tool bar within Hive Community and go to either All Cases or Open Cases, then click on Open a Case, that would be the best way to request a call time with us. If you can send me your case number once you've submitted the request, I will update it with everything we've discussed so far so you don't have to repeat it and the technician is up to date.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
I haven't heard back from the vendor's tech so I'll have to try to make some changes myself. DO you have any time to walk through them with me on the phone? In the screenshots where does it show the AP name?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
Adding more pics

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry, I'm not sure the pictures are coming through. Could you email them to me at Communityhelp@aerohive.com?

GTM-P2G8KFN