Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newer AP120 firmware for lab

Newer AP120 firmware for lab

m_atherton
New Contributor

Hi guys,

I’ve just picked up an AP120 for a lab environment. I understand this unit is EOL but, could someone be so kind to send me the latest firmware with the service contract requirement?

My best regards

Michael Atherton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Michael, I've emailed you the firmware files you'll need. This guide walks through how to update firmware via the APs Web UI for reference- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Upgrading-AP-firmware-via-web-UI

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

beheer4
New Contributor

i tried to update it to 6.5r3 after i did so it didnt show me a message that it failed, or that it succeeded so im not so sure. How can i get into the CLI?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry, when you say it's on 6.5r3 probably, do you mean that's what you found on the CLI?

beheer4
New Contributor

will do im at 6.5r3 probably, but the webgui says r4, i can't seem to jump from r3 to 10

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That would be the version of the Web GUI, not necessarily the version of the AP you're working on currently. If you can get to the CLI of the AP, you can run "show version" to see what HiveOS it's using now. If you can't get to the CLI, I might recommend trying some of the older versions I sent you first to see if you can update to any of those.

beheer4
New Contributor

6.5r4 i think? it's seen in the picture top right corner

GTM-P2G8KFN