cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newer firmware version on AP than on HiveManager

newer firmware version on AP than on HiveManager

drhenley
New Contributor

I recently received AP250's to install into my existing Hive. The current HiveManager enterprise VM is running 6.5r1. I noticed the firmware on the AP is 8.0r1. Will this be an issue? Also, as I tried to apply the Network Policy to the AP250, an error stated that there were more SSID's configured that the AP could manage. Will a new profile need to be created? There are 690 AP's being currently managed, AP121 and AP 230.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The HiveManager version needs to be at least equal to or greater than the HiveOS version. Basically, the HiveManager needs to know about the HiveOS in order to manage it, and if the HiveOS came out after the HiveManager version, then the HiveManager won't recognize it. You'll want to upgrade your HiveManager version to use the AP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The HiveManager version needs to be at least equal to or greater than the HiveOS version. Basically, the HiveManager needs to know about the HiveOS in order to manage it, and if the HiveOS came out after the HiveManager version, then the HiveManager won't recognize it. You'll want to upgrade your HiveManager version to use the AP.

GTM-P2G8KFN