cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okta integration with HiveManager (SAML Link)

Okta integration with HiveManager (SAML Link)

support140
New Contributor

Hello Team,

For a customer of ours, we want to implement HiveManager with Okta.

The question we really need answered before we ask to activate SAML in HiveManager and we create the SAML link: when you create the SAML link, will the whole HiveManager be accessed through Okta authentication immediately? Or is it possible to create an (test)SSID to test the integration with Okta?

The situation which we want to avoid, is that immediately everybody needs to authenticatie through Okta before we tested the integration with a test SSID

8 REPLIES 8

support140
New Contributor

Hello Sam,

Is there perhaps then documentation about how to connect Okta and Aerohive via SAML basically as also asked via https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/question/0D50c00006dXOir/can-we-integrate-hivemanager-for-sa... ?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We don't have a way to connect users to the SSID via OKTA that I'm aware of, that option would only be to allow ExtremeCloud IQ administrators to login to ExtremeCloud IQ with OKTA.

support140
New Contributor

Hello Sam,

As I don't know ECIQ, I cannot fully answer you question, but I can provide the current and desired situation.

Current:

User of the network, access via Aerohive AP250 access points and login with a WPA2 Key.

Desired:

Users of the network, use Okta to authenticate before accessing the network.

The challenge is that we cannot test with the real "live" SSID. Therefore the question: When enabling SAML based authentication via Okta, can this be enabled for only 1 SSID or will this automatically be enabled for all SSID's?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

When users log in to ExtremeCloud IQ (ECIQ) with OKTA, they would be given the access that was set in their user records within ECIQ which you can check by going to Global Settings> Account Management. For instance, if someone is set up to only see certain organizations in the ECIQ, they would still be limited to only those organizations and configuration items when they log in with OKTA. Is that what you were asking?

GTM-P2G8KFN