cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboarded Ap122 not showing in Hivemanager monitor tab, serial number 01221610100182

Onboarded Ap122 not showing in Hivemanager monitor tab, serial number 01221610100182

bobnics
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

bobnics
New Contributor

Thanks, I managed to get the AP added in by following the guide you provided in the link earlier, once I got my putty issues sorted out. Two things that may help others and were not obvious to me;

• the format of the host is simplified, that is no prefix or .com suffix is used for the hivemanager eg: "cloud-va2-cws-3" (in my case)
  • make sure all the filters are off in HM, when my AP got added back, it was in an unmanaged state and hidden from view.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The default SSH credentials are going to be admin/aerohive or admin/Aerohive1. If these don't work, then the AP is using the password you set in your HiveManager global settings under Device Management Settings. Are you still unable to log in with the default credentials even after the AP was reset?

bobnics
New Contributor

So, I followed the guide and when I ran Show capwap client, I did not get any info back about hivemanager or any IP info as described, the DNS checked out. I had to step away for a bit and when I came back, my SSH session was terminated and now I can't open a new SSH session anymore, but HTTP access does work. I also tried to reset via the button, but still can't SSH and it's still not in the hivemanager.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you try adding it again for me? I found a duplicate record on our side that might have been causing an issue. If you still can't add the device, this guide will help with manually connecting the device- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-Guide-for-HiveManager-NG

GTM-P2G8KFN