cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for 802.11ax radio profile

Options for 802.11ax radio profile

helpdesk48
New Contributor II

I have a question about two options for the AX radio profile on HiveManager 12.8.2.2.

"Radio Load Balancing", this will distribute clients between the two radio's in Dual-5GHz mode. Should this be enabled or will the load-balancing between radio's work fine it this is disabled? I believe this depends on the fact if a client sees the first beacon from radio A or radio B, right?

"Enable Downlink OFDMA", why is this option greyed-out? Isn't this enabled by default in the 802.11ax protocol?

10 REPLIES 10

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you are correct. I just checked our on prem lab and it is greyed out for me there. This will likely be part of the next on prem update. 

daniel1
Contributor

Is this maybe a not yet available feature on IQVA? I guess you have the cloud version in your lab.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Right, it should be available for you then. I think you might want to open a support ticket since I can’t replicate that in my lab. If you can let me know the case number, I can update the case with my lab notes so they know what has been tried so far. 

daniel1
Contributor

Yes it’s an ax Radio Profile for AP650, which is a supported device for that according to the info text next to this option.

GTM-P2G8KFN