cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance with iOS devices and slow response times on Android/Chromebook devices.

Poor performance with iOS devices and slow response times on Android/Chromebook devices.

KevinP1
Contributor II

We have three schools with one AP per classroom, and iOS devices are by far the worst performing devices we have. Android devices do fairly well but tend to have slow response times with web pages or apps loading. Chromebooks are slower on the login page showing up more than anything.

Thoughts? I'll be more than happy to provide you with the techdata.

3 REPLIES 3

KevinP1
Contributor II

Thank you Sam for that info. I have tried to correct the interference issues with lowering the power on the 2.4GHz radio to 1dBm and 5GHz 10dBm max with auto adjust to go as low as 2dBm. I have since disabled the IP-Based DoS Prevention Rules because of the issues. What else should I try to adjust?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that tech data. I'm seeing messages in there indicating there was a port scan from that device, which caused a temporary pause in traffic from that device. There were also some slightly older messages about a UDP flood from that station, which would have also triggered a temporary disconnection. This isn't all that unusual for iOS devices, just in my experience.

I'm also seeing some heavy interference on both radios, which is something else (in my experience) iOS devices tend to be more sensitive to. Have you looked in to mitigating interference at this location before?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you could send tech data and the MAC of an Apple device that is having issues that is connected to the AP you pulled tech data from to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com, I can take a look and let you know what I find.

GTM-P2G8KFN