cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with HiveOS 8.2r6.228034 on AP 250

Problems with HiveOS 8.2r6.228034 on AP 250

luke_jackson
New Contributor

We noticed after updating our access points , AP250, that we have problems with with HiveOS 8.2r6.228034.

The first problem is that when we use a WiFi Bridge with a FritzBox over an open network, the FritzBox will connect to the open network but won't connect to the internet.

If the AP has the HiveOS 8.1r2a.178408 booth connections are stable.

The second problem is that when we use our Raspberry Pis, which are locked over the BSSID to an access point., they drop the connection with the access point after a while.

In the event log of the ap we get following entries every time the connection drops:

The Tx drop rate wifi0 exceeeded the alarm treshold (40) and is now at 60

wifi0: The Tx retry rate of client returned below the alalrm treshhold (40) and now at 0

If anyone else has a good solution for those two problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you, you are correct that is the latest version we can use with Classic. I would suggest opening a technical support case with your partner and attaching tech data from the AP while it's on 8.2r6 and a second file while it's on 8.1r2a so they can compare the outputs to find the issue. If you're unsure who to reach out to for your partner, I can provide you their contact information, just let me know.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know, I've emailed your sales engineer contact information, they will be able to tell you who your partner is.

luke_jackson
New Contributor

That would be great thanks.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you, you are correct that is the latest version we can use with Classic. I would suggest opening a technical support case with your partner and attaching tech data from the AP while it's on 8.2r6 and a second file while it's on 8.1r2a so they can compare the outputs to find the issue. If you're unsure who to reach out to for your partner, I can provide you their contact information, just let me know.

luke_jackson
New Contributor

We are using a HiveManager Classic 8.2r2c installation. After my knowledge for this HiveManager the newest firmware is HiveOS 8.2.r6.

GTM-P2G8KFN