Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with whatsapp and ip-firewall myhive classic

problems with whatsapp and ip-firewall myhive classic

luciano
New Contributor

Hello colleagues.

I have a myhive classic and I am experiencing some problems with whatsapp where a firewall rule has been made and this rule is blocking connections that are made. Being that when a connection is made in whatsapp it calls, but when it is answered it gets connected status and does not transmit voice or video to the other device

If you can help me, I thank you very much. I have made attempts to release UDP ports 5222, TCP 5223, TCP 443 and TCP 3478 from any place to any source, as well as the applications indicated by myhive, but all without success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can find any firewall rules you've set on the APs by going in to the network policy and opening the user profiles assigned to the SSID. In the user profile there is a Firewall section, and you'd want to check the rules you've set for the IP Firewall, if any.

Just to clarify, you are trying to allow access to whatsapp for your users? If you can't find any rules that are blocking the traffic, I would recommend running a trace route to see where the traffic gets dropped. You can do this by SSHing in to the AP and running the command: tracert <IP address we're trying to reach>

For instance, if we ran a trace route to one of google's DNS servers, 8.8.8.8, the command would be: tracert 8.8.8.8

We could also run a packet capture to get a better idea of the traffic we are seeing, or not seeing, as the case may be. Here is a guide for running a packet capture in HiveManager Classic- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Packet-Capture

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know, I've emailed you with some details about case creation for your support type, hopefully that clears things up. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

luciano
New Contributor

Good afternoon, Sam. I can not open a case, because of the error that I am not allowed to do so.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that screen shot, none of those rules should be blocking this application as far as I can tell unless the app needs access to an internal resource. I'd like to run a frame filter to see where the traffic is dropping, and so we can see exactly what kind of traffic whatsapp uses. We can try to walk you through this over the forum, but it would be easier if you could make a support case so we can help you run the frame filter directly.

luciano
New Contributor

I have the following rule in my ip-firewall, and when I apply these rules the connection by whatsapp, in case I remove it, it works again. I would need whatsapp to be fully freed on my network. follows print of the rules.

another thing. There's a way I can see the ipfirewall log. how do I do that?

GTM-P2G8KFN