Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QoS Setup

QoS Setup

szymon_hamerli1
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

Could I get some manual/instructions how to setup QoS on HM NG/HMOL Classic.

On HM NG I can see QoS tab on user profile with some settings but I found QoS settings on policy additional settings as well (classifier maps, marker map).

One of our customer complaining about poor mobile "wifi calling" experience at one of their sites. Do you have any experience how to setup radio profiles, data rates, QoS to make "wifi calling" actually working ?

I'm trying to setup "wifi calling" SSID with some QoS etc and test this here in our office.

Thanks,

Szymon

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I would recommend creating a separate SSID for Voice traffic so there is less competition that could cause interruptions in the call. I'd also recommend adjusting the QoS in the user profile of that Voice SSID to give voice traffic a higher priority than the other types of traffic. This page reviews how to set this up in ExtremeCloud IQ (formerly HiveManager NG): http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/configuring-user-profile-qos-settings.htm

This page reviews how to set this up in Classic (QoS Settings section): docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/8.2r2/hm/full/Content/config/user/userD.htm

GTM-P2G8KFN