cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrading" Hivemanager to the same version?

"Upgrading" Hivemanager to the same version?

axel_luttgens
New Contributor

Hello,

For various reasons, I'm currently stuck with 11.14.0.2 (build 2016-07-14-01.35.38).

The OS seems to have degraded over time.

- trying to view the TROUBLESHOOT tab: A database-related error has occurred.

- trying to view the Audit Logs: The operation Retrieve audit log is not valid.

- PPSKs defined on Device do not work anymore (idm-related).

Is it possible/advisable to upgrade to 11.14.0.2 again, that is upgrading from 11.14.0.2 to 11.14.0.2?

If yes, this could perhaps restore functionality, without losing the various settings?

TIA,

Axel

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There was unfortunately a bit of a manual upgrade process from 11.14 to 11.17 that required support to help. That said, if you look ahead a few updates to the 12.x line, you'll have to redeploy the HiveManager for that upgrade anyway, so you don't necessarily need to finish upgrading through the 11.x line. We are on our 19.x line currently so I would really recommend updating the HiveManager once you get the chance. Once you get to the first 12.x version, you'll still need to update stepwise. I'd recommend this path:

12.8.0.3 -> 12.8.1.2 

12.8.1.2 -> 12.8.2.2  

12.8.2.2 -> 19.5.1.7 

axel_luttgens
New Contributor

Hello Sam,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Well, it's an old story.

In April 2017, I noticed that an upgrade v11.14.0.2 ->v11.17.6.4 had been made available.

But that upgrade came with this note: "Please download the image and contact technical support for the upgrade process".

And I never managed to get in touch with the technical support.

On the other hand, from the release notes, it seemed that another upgrade path could have been considered: 11.14.0.2 => 11.16.1.5, then 11.16.1.5 => 11.17.6.4, apparently without needing to contact the technical support.

But I never managed to find/get the 11.14.0.2 => 11.16.1.5 upgrade, in spite of my numerous emails...

As a result, I'm still with 11.14.0.2 here.

A degraded one... 😞

Axel

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately nothing would happen if you tried to update to the same version, the update would cancel itself out and I don't think it would improve any of the issues you've described. Can I ask why you are unable to update the HiveManager version past 11.14.0.2?

GTM-P2G8KFN