cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RADIUS WITH NPS windows 2012

RADIUS WITH NPS windows 2012

agroch
New Contributor

I have Windows 2012 NPS with CA - AD CS- I am trying to setup PKI from scratch: CA ROOT then Enterprise Subordinates with CA, web etc. I have noticed when I remove CA from NPS radius stopped working. Is there any pace pointing to CA server?

8 REPLIES 8

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

As long as the domain would be the same for the server and Radius server then you might be able to use the same cert, it couldn't hurt to try. I can't say for certain because there are some options when you create the cert that could limit it's functionality but depending on how it was set up, we could certainly use it for Radius as well.

agroch
New Contributor

What about if we currently have SSL certificate from GoDaddy? Currently using on some other servers. Should I still submit it to GoDaddy as you described or I can use somehow existing Godaddy Certificate?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Using a self signed certificate built in the HiveManager will still give you that untrusted site error, so you'd want to go with a third party certificate, like from GoDaddy or a different certificate authority. Once this cert is loaded on to the Radius server, that untrusted site message will go away. To create a CA to send to your third party certificate authority you'll want to go to Configure> Common Objects> Certificate Management (left hand side menu under Certificate header)> HiveManager CA. You'd submit this CA to GoDaddy or whichever company you choose so they can generate the certificate you'll need.

agroch
New Contributor

To be honest this is driving me crazy with that "Insecure Certificate" on non domain devices. It looks like I may use goDaddy or build in Aerohive generated certificate. Can you please share the guide for them? My understanding is once the cert is uploaded to the NPS - we completely forget about the "Unsecure Certificate" message - correct?

GTM-P2G8KFN