cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random issue with APs DHCP or connection!

Random issue with APs DHCP or connection!

s_kiwan
New Contributor

Dear experts,

Weird issue with AP 250 i have 20 APs controlled by hive manager. I configured my APs as DHCP server so wireless users obtain IP address for AP. the issue here is from time to time user get disconnected from AP! or keep connected but with no IP address then you have to disconnect your device and connect again to obtain IP. This is happening frequently with random time.

Any help with this please?

my Hivemanager version is : 12.8.2.2-NGVASEP18

my APs: 8.4r4 (it was 8.2 but i upgraded after this issue, though this would help)

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

weekdaysailor
Contributor

Correction..looks like you only need to relay if different subnets involved. https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/viewing-dhcp-list.ht...

weekdaysailor
Contributor

I think in this case, the issue is that each AP is acting as an independent DHCP server, each serving up the same range of (overlapping) addresses. But they don't talk to each other to figure out who doles out what. In that case, you can be assigning the same IP to multiple different clients (and whoever ARPs first wins). I think what you probably want is 1 AP as Server and set the others up as Relays (point to the Server) so there's 1 single "source of truth" in the network.

Hope this helps!

-K

s_kiwan
New Contributor

Screenshot of VLANs

s_kiwan
New Contributor

Hi Sam. lease time is 86400. but regarding the VLAN i didn't get you? i will upload a screenshot wish it helps, i guess i am using one VLAN for all APs. please check the screenshot.

GTM-P2G8KFN