cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh API token On Premise

Refresh API token On Premise

jvanamerongen
New Contributor

We recently upgraded to HiveManager NG. One of the reasons was being able to use the API for custom applications. 

I am able to connect and use the API with our on premise installation. One thing I am wondering, and the documentation is not clear about, is how to refresh an API token for the on premise installation of HiveManager.

Anyone that has experience with this?

14 REPLIES 14

reinhardg
Contributor II

As far as I know the on-prem version does not support API-access. Has this changed? (https://community.extremenetworks.com/hivemanager-platform-233172/does-hivemanager-19-5-1-7-ngva-sup...)

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, the last time I submitted a feature request was before the move over to Extreme Networks. Currently for feature requests you’d want to reach out to your Sales Engineer to submit a new request or inquire about old ones. If you’re unsure who to reach out to for your Sales Engineer, I can email that information directly to you, just let me know. 

nhaffen
New Contributor

I’d like to add myself as another user with this feature request. Refreshing API tokens is still manual for on-prem users. It’s not part of xapi, but I’m not sure why the services/oauth2 piece from the cloud version can’t be added to on-prem with another reverse proxy. I can see why some APIs are disabled of on-prem, but refreshing a token seems pretty basic. Thanks for reading my request!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That is currently the only way to renew an API token, you are correct. I haven't heard of any movement on the feature request, and with the merge happening currently a lot of feature requests have been put on hold. I'm sorry I don't have better news, but please feel free to check in on this post again later on and I'll check up on that feature request for you again.

f_bonacini
New Contributor II

Hi all,

sorry to write in an old question.

I'm basically looking for the same feature: a way to allow my server to automatically renew the API token through another API call.

I would like to know if there has been some movement or decision about this feature.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. So, currently, the only way to change the API token is to create another one in the (now so called) ExtrimeCloud IQ manager, inside the API token section of the settings panel. Am I correct?

GTM-P2G8KFN