Samsung Galaxy J3 won't connect to Aerohive network

support159
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for that file! I'm seeing mostly probe responses, a couple "Disconnected due to notification of driver", which is a standard disconnection message that doesn't tell us much. I do see a couple responses from your Radius server, which means we're getting past the 4 way handshake. Do you see any issues or rejections on the Radius server? Are you hosting the Radius server on an AP or are we connecting the APs to an external Radius server hosted on your backend network?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for that file! I'm seeing mostly probe responses, a couple "Disconnected due to notification of driver", which is a standard disconnection message that doesn't tell us much. I do see a couple responses from your Radius server, which means we're getting past the 4 way handshake. Do you see any issues or rejections on the Radius server? Are you hosting the Radius server on an AP or are we connecting the APs to an external Radius server hosted on your backend network?

support159
New Contributor

I had already attached the file at the time (but it did not upload, here it is again!)

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, Could you run a client monitor and let us know what step of the authentication we are failing at? This will help narrow down what the connection issue is, and then we can come up with a troubleshooting plan.

support159
New Contributor

There was same question long time ago:

https://community.aerohive.com/aerohive/topics/samsung-galaxy-j5-and-j3-wont-connect-to-ap230

I have one user with J3 that connects to NO AP (a mix of over 100 of 121/122/230/250/1130)

The "solutions" then was Disabling "Enable settings designed to optimize performance in a high-density WLAN"

but in my config this is ALREADY disabled (and never was enabled!)

Seb

GTM-P2G8KFN