Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure self-registration SSID - suppress PPSK from success page

Secure self-registration SSID - suppress PPSK from success page

wies_hays
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a question that relates to this one:

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/question/0D50c00006mJ84vCAC/secure-selfregistration-ssid-tls

I see a problem when the GUEST-PPSK is presented on the success-page of a self-registration CWP.

Is there a way of how I can suppress the PPSK to be shown on the success page?

IMHO this is not necessary as the PPSK can also be delivered by mail/sms.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wies_hays
New Contributor III

Hi Sam,

today I found out that there actually is a function to suppress the PPSK to be shown on any pages:

Go to "CONFIGURE/COMMON OBJECTS/AUTHENTICATION/Captive Web Ports" and select your CWP and click on "edit".

Look for "Captive Web Portal Settings" and click on "CUSTOMIZE AND PREVIEW", another button labeled "CUSTOMIZE AND PREVIEW" will be shown, click on this one, three tabs will be show, representing the pages "LANDING PAGE", "SUCCESS PAGE" and "ERROR PAGE".

Select the "SUCCES PAGE" , click on "CUSTOMIZE" and check on

"Select to hide password and validate guests using email or SMS text delivery. By default, the password is displayed to guests."

near the end the page, "SAVE CONFIGURATION" and re-publish your network policy.

(Actually you can select this function on any page, because enabling it on one page, will enable it for all pages, which might make sense, but can also be confusing".)

Now the SSID and the PPSK are not shown on the success page any more.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting us know!

wies_hays
New Contributor III

Hi Sam,

today I found out that there actually is a function to suppress the PPSK to be shown on any pages:

Go to "CONFIGURE/COMMON OBJECTS/AUTHENTICATION/Captive Web Ports" and select your CWP and click on "edit".

Look for "Captive Web Portal Settings" and click on "CUSTOMIZE AND PREVIEW", another button labeled "CUSTOMIZE AND PREVIEW" will be shown, click on this one, three tabs will be show, representing the pages "LANDING PAGE", "SUCCESS PAGE" and "ERROR PAGE".

Select the "SUCCES PAGE" , click on "CUSTOMIZE" and check on

"Select to hide password and validate guests using email or SMS text delivery. By default, the password is displayed to guests."

near the end the page, "SAVE CONFIGURATION" and re-publish your network policy.

(Actually you can select this function on any page, because enabling it on one page, will enable it for all pages, which might make sense, but can also be confusing".)

Now the SSID and the PPSK are not shown on the success page any more.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I have submitted this feature request, thanks for getting back to me!

wies_hays
New Contributor III

Hi Sam,

I would be glad if you could open a feature request for this.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Armin

GTM-P2G8KFN