cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SR2208P shows as disconnected

SR2208P shows as disconnected

amato_carbonara
New Contributor

My SR2208P shows as disconnected on the ExtremeCloud IQ webpage. Whenever I tried to make an update to the switch, I see the message "Device Update Failed". I verified that my switch is using HiveAgent Version 1.1.29.0

Below is the information when I issue command "show hivemanager status":

(AH-Switch) #show hivemanager status

............................................... .......................................

HiveAgent Status............................... CONTACTING REDIRECTOR

HiveAgent Version.............................. 1.1.29.0

HiveAgent Debug................................ ON

HiveAgent Source Interface..................... DEFAULT

HiveAgent HTTP Proxy........................... -

............................................... .......................................

HiveAgent Association Method................... REDIRECTOR

HiveAgent Association Url...................... -

HiveAgent Poll URL............................. -

HiveAgent Redirector FQDN...................... cloud-rd.aerohive.com

9 REPLIES 9

amato_carbonara
New Contributor

Hi Benjamin,

I have some bad news. Here is the response I received from Aerohive Technical support:

1. "Unfortunately I do not have an ETA for the resolution the issue. At this point it appears to be isolated to the VA2 data center, and has been escalated to our developers. My apologies for any inconvenience."
  2. "As I understand it, the closest I have to an ETA for the fix is slated for Q1 update. Nothing more specific at this time; however as this is a pressing issue for many customers, I will provide any updates I get."

I would recommend to also enter a support case or call Technical support and have a case open. Maybe the more customer pressure may result in a quicker response from Aerohive. I can tell you that my opinion of Aerohive is substantially lowered.

bemeadows
New Contributor

I am having the same issue. I have also followed the steps outlined in the guide, but it continues to give me the "FAILED TO CONNECT TO REDIRECTOR/HIVEMANAGER".

amato_carbonara
New Contributor

Answer from the support team: "there is a new issues the has arisen from the HTTPS cert update that went out in October. We are using this information to track the issues for our Dev team. Based on the logs we are seeing this behavior with your switch."

My switch is operational, but I cannot make any configuration changes through Extreme IQ.

amato_carbonara
New Contributor

That did not work. I will open a support case.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I would recommend following the steps outlined in this guide: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Connecting-a-SR2200-SR2300-switch-to-HiveManager

If those don't help, you might want to open a technical support case so we can troubleshoot this with you in more detail.

GTM-P2G8KFN