cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step by step process to migrate device and settings from a HiveManager NG account to a HiveManager Connect account.

Step by step process to migrate device and settings from a HiveManager NG account to a HiveManager Connect account.

support138
New Contributor II

I am looking for a step by step on how to migrate a device from a HiveManager NG account to a HiveManager Connect account.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately there is no automated way to move from HiveManager Select to Connect. You would have to register for a new account at cloud.aerohive.com, and after you set your password you will have three choices: Select for 30 days for free, Select with a valid key, or Connect. Once you choose Connect, you'll want to open a case with technical support so we can free up your AP serial numbers so you can add them in to your new HiveManager instance.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

In that case you would want to open a Connect case so we can free up your APs for you once you are ready to move over.

To open a connect case, you will want to go to thehivecommunity.aerohive.com> Click on the "Connect" tile on the front page of the Hive Community> Click on the last link on this page, "Link to the Question and RMA Request Forms"> Fill out the form for a question and mention in the description that the community moderator approved this case.

support138
New Contributor II

Yes I do know that there is no automated way. That is why I am asking for the step by step manual steps to do this. I have already created a new HiveManager Connect account. I am not allowed to open a case with technical support since I do not have paid support, which I am not happy about. We just spent several thousand dollars purchasing 31 APs from AeroHive through Dell only to find out that we do not have even 30 days or 90 days or 6 months of support included, it is a separate paid item.​

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately there is no automated way to move from HiveManager Select to Connect. You would have to register for a new account at cloud.aerohive.com, and after you set your password you will have three choices: Select for 30 days for free, Select with a valid key, or Connect. Once you choose Connect, you'll want to open a case with technical support so we can free up your AP serial numbers so you can add them in to your new HiveManager instance.

GTM-P2G8KFN