cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of 5GHz devices under my AP still prefer to connect to 2.4GHz band. I'm no able to find the band steering setup i HiveManager Connect neither via CLI. Someone can help me? Thanks!

All of 5GHz devices under my AP still prefer to connect to 2.4GHz band. I'm no able to find the band steering setup i HiveManager Connect neither via CLI. Someone can help me? Thanks!

soporte13
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Perhaps this feature is not available in "Connect." Bandsteering settings are located in "Configure," "Common Objects," "Radio Profiles" under "Optimizing Radio Usage."

Best,

BJ

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

itmanager2
New Contributor

When I was trialing an AP150W with Connect I added the required commands to the AP directly via CLI. I don't *recall* anything being disabled in the Connect interface more than already was. This was with the free tier though.

Of course writing a complete config will erase your custom CLI added settings.

Having said all that, viewing the vanilla config shows "prefer 5G" is set, just suppressing initial responses on 2.4 is not. The carrot is there - just not the stick.

Aside from David's suggestions, computers often give you a band preference setting in the card options.

Cheers

Ian

matt_kopf
New Contributor

I can't seem to find 'Optimizing Radio Usage'. Can someone post a screen shot or add more details?

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Perhaps this feature is not available in "Connect." Bandsteering settings are located in "Configure," "Common Objects," "Radio Profiles" under "Optimizing Radio Usage."

Best,

BJ

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

Hivemanager Connect would detect changes at the CLI level and disable any "Select-Level" features.

It may be best to lower power on 2.4ghz, or disable more data rates for 2.4ghz, making the 5ghz more favorable to the client-device.

Hope this helps, 

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN