cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still trouble with Credential Distribution Groups

Still trouble with Credential Distribution Groups

pagella
New Contributor III

I have Credential Distribution Groups with one Guest Management User.

A guest register himself and i have only these Options afaik.

CWP -> Email approval selected

The guest register himself

-> the visited user gets an email and can approve the guest. Untill then the guest cant surf.

Or

CWP -> Email approval not selected

The guest register himself

-> visited user gets his password right away and can acces immediately.

In both cases the guest management user doesnt see the registered users when logged into the Management GUI ( and also cant deactivate them) He is only able to see users he manually added. Is this supposed to be like this?

Isnt there a scenario where:

Guest register himself

-> Guest Management user gets an Email to approve the registered guest. And also see them in the gui so he is able to disable or remove them.

or atleast

-> when the Email approval is selected in the CWP a possibility to limit the users who can approve the guest.

We dont want every employee to be able to approve guests but we also dont want that only people with admin rights are able to manage the guests account properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pagella
New Contributor III

For now i solved it by forcing the field to be uneditable, already filled with one email address and beeing hidden via HTML

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

pagella
New Contributor III

The main Problem I still have with this solution is that the Guest Manager is not able to see the people who will register themselves like this.

I have two Options:

1) Giving the Guest Manager more rights -> not going to happen

2) Managing the Guests by our self  -> those are going to be a lot of calls

We are not really happy with it 

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately we have not updated the feature in the GUI. There is a possible work around to force the employee approval requests to go to one person, but based on your second to last comment, I think you've found this already:

To change the sponsor email workflow (request goes to helpdesk alias email instead of guest user entering a sponsor email address) simply edit the following in the index.html file

class="text-input VISITING"

name="visiting"

maxlength=128

type="hidden"  (changed this value to hidden)

value="helpdesk@example.com " required (entered in their alias email address they want the guest approval request to go to)

Important note is the “Email approval” has to be enabled in HiveManager and the domain added has to match the email address entered into the index.html (example.com)

pagella
New Contributor III

@Sam Pirok​  is there any Update about the Guest Management? I checked in the release logs but couldnt find anything

pagella
New Contributor III

For now i solved it by forcing the field to be uneditable, already filled with one email address and beeing hidden via HTML

GTM-P2G8KFN