cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Scanners disconnect from website

Symbol Scanners disconnect from website

jeff_scott
New Contributor

When roaming around our warehouse, I noticed that the Symbol MC92N0 scanners periodically disconnect and reconnect between WAPS causing the scanning application to require logout and login.

Is there a way to prevent this as the underlying device IP address is not changing and the app is a website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Jeff,

We have several warehouse deployments and have addressed some of these issues in the past. If I were in your shoes, I would keep an eye on one of the devices in client monitor. You can watch for roaming events, reauths, etc. I would also guess these are 2.4 GHz b/g clients. Make sure your radios are tuned properly. If you have a high density deployment, you may have some co-channel interference on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Your clients won't want to roam if the signal strength is still strong, even though it's connected to a much further AP (sticky client). Consider reducing max power limits on the 2.4 GHz radios. Last, be sure load balancing is turned off; not good for roaming clients.

Feel free to add more detail and I'll try to help further.

Best,

BJ

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jeff_scott
New Contributor

Yes we have.... -67 db is the worst with typical -55 db on the scanners. The issue appears to be only when roaming and from what I can tell, when scanner passes between WAPS.

jose_gonzalez
Contributor

I assume you have done a site survey, have good coverage, no coverage holes:

• Open a ticket for device support, ask there tech support for best practices for the scanners in question
  • Try upgrading the firmware on the scanners
GTM-P2G8KFN