cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Scanners disconnect from website

Symbol Scanners disconnect from website

jeff_scott
New Contributor

When roaming around our warehouse, I noticed that the Symbol MC92N0 scanners periodically disconnect and reconnect between WAPS causing the scanning application to require logout and login.

Is there a way to prevent this as the underlying device IP address is not changing and the app is a website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Jeff,

We have several warehouse deployments and have addressed some of these issues in the past. If I were in your shoes, I would keep an eye on one of the devices in client monitor. You can watch for roaming events, reauths, etc. I would also guess these are 2.4 GHz b/g clients. Make sure your radios are tuned properly. If you have a high density deployment, you may have some co-channel interference on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Your clients won't want to roam if the signal strength is still strong, even though it's connected to a much further AP (sticky client). Consider reducing max power limits on the 2.4 GHz radios. Last, be sure load balancing is turned off; not good for roaming clients.

Feel free to add more detail and I'll try to help further.

Best,

BJ

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jeff_scott
New Contributor
I’ll work thru your recommendations. Thanks so much.

Jeff Scott
CIO
Team Technologies Inc
865-719-8886

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Jeff,

We have several warehouse deployments and have addressed some of these issues in the past. If I were in your shoes, I would keep an eye on one of the devices in client monitor. You can watch for roaming events, reauths, etc. I would also guess these are 2.4 GHz b/g clients. Make sure your radios are tuned properly. If you have a high density deployment, you may have some co-channel interference on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Your clients won't want to roam if the signal strength is still strong, even though it's connected to a much further AP (sticky client). Consider reducing max power limits on the 2.4 GHz radios. Last, be sure load balancing is turned off; not good for roaming clients.

Feel free to add more detail and I'll try to help further.

Best,

BJ

jose_gonzalez
Contributor

Aside from upgrading the firmware on the scanners and asking there support. Create a development SSID, try changing some settings like the radio preamble, try long, instead of short.

jeff_scott
New Contributor

DHCP is given out by the underlying router and VLAN is configured such that once the device connects to the network, IP stays the same... Single hive. Same SSID throughout.

GTM-P2G8KFN