cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The switches appear disconnected but the AP is connected to that switch is working, also the switch is answering to ping. After a cold restart, everything is ok. This problem is also found in your monitor systems or other clients?

The switches appear disconnected but the AP is connected to that switch is working, also the switch is answering to ping. After a cold restart, everything is ok. This problem is also found in your monitor systems or other clients?

gabriel_kifu
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know. I have a 2208 switch in a lab and it's not disconnecting randomly at the moment, so we'll want to gather some data from your switch to start looking in to this issue for you. Would you be able to run the command "show application" when the switch is disconnected and send me the output for that?

Also, we'll want to enable tech data collection for the switch by going to the CLI, going to config mode, and entering in "Logging buffered 7". Then let the issue play out again (we need to see data with the switch connected and then moving to the disconnected state preferably). Once the issue has been replicated with the logging enabled, we'll want to run the commands (from enable mode) "show tech-support" and "show logging buffered".

gabriel_kifu
New Contributor

My question is if do you experience same issue.

Switch disconnected, AP is up and customers are connected to the AP.

2019-03-18 14:51:36 - CRITICALDevice Disconnected

2019-03-18 15:53:04 - CRITICALDevice Disconnected

2019-03-18 16:20:51 - CRITICALDevice Disconnected

gabriel_kifu
New Contributor

Dear Sam,

We are using SR2208P, and AP122/130.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you tell me what model switch you're working with? I'd like to request some data to see why it's disconnecting on you, but unfortunately the different switch models have different data collection methods so we'll need to start with the model.

GTM-P2G8KFN