cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to change the hostname on a switch in Connect and I get this error on DHCP and IP

Trying to change the hostname on a switch in Connect and I get this error on DHCP and IP

netadmin10
New Contributor

Any time I try and change the hostname on the 2148p switches, I get this error. I can SSH to the device and change it, but then I get config mismatch errors in Connect. Any reasonable way around this?

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. We'll need to open a technical support case for this issue, I'll email you directly with the steps to take to open a case momentarily.

netadmin10
New Contributor

That does not seem to fix the issue. I get the same result. I have attached a screenshot of the switch status in the controller. I'd say the two are related. Even still, I clearly don't know how to solve the problem.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you try manually selecting that template in the device specific settings (seen in the screen shot you attached on your original post)? It should have been selected when the network policy was applied to the switch, but I think if we manually apply it we should be able to save and update the switch.

netadmin10
New Contributor

There is indeed a template associate with the switch in the network policy. It reads "SR2148P" in the policy.

GTM-P2G8KFN