cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two AP'S are showing a different external IP address

Two AP'S are showing a different external IP address

acardullo
New Contributor

FYI The two aps showing a different IP are showing our failover internet IP address

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you're hosting a DHCP server on an Aerohive AP, then the NAT settings would be in the DHCP server object and the user profile firewall settings. If your DHCP server is hosted on your network farther upstream from the APs, then we'd want to check that server and/or your firewall for NAT settings. Are all of these devices using the same switch? If we SSH in to one of these devices with the unexpected external address, are we able to reach the subnet that they usually pull addresses from?

If you can let me know what HiveManager platform you are using, I can give you more details on finding the DHCP server and user profile firewall settings; HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com) or HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com).

acardullo
New Contributor

Good questions. I am very new to Aerohive Ap's and am trying to find my way around the interface. Where would i check for NAT? i don't believe they failed over because the other 3 AP'S are still pointing to the Primary external IP

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That sounds like an issue with NAT. Did the APs actually fail over to the backup or are they still using the primary? Are we using the same ISP for all devices?

GTM-P2G8KFN