cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save changes / update menu greyed out - AP30

Unable to save changes / update menu greyed out - AP30

bfrappier
New Contributor

Trying to add a 3pk of AP30 and they're showing up on Monitor->Devices as 'Unconfigured Devices'

I click one, change the RF Profile and set a static IP address...but I can't find anywhere to save? And the update menu is greyed out.

Similar to this:

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/question/0D50c000066NfznCAC/update-menu-grayed-out

No way to update hivemanager that I can see, because we're using the cloud version. What am I missing?

Thanks!

-Brian

7 REPLIES 7

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Filip, does your HiveManager platform look the same as Brian's screenshot above?

If so, the problem is the platform you're trying to add them into.

The screenshot is from a platform called HiveManager Classic, but the any of the .ax APs and additionally the ATOM are not supported in this platform. You can only add these into a platform called ExtremeCloud IQ (formerly HiveManager NG).

filip_eggermont
New Contributor

@Brian Frappier​ 

Were you able to solve the problem? I'm experiencing the same problem with our newly acquired AP305c

Kind regards

Filip

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Brian, thanks for keeping me updated. It looks like those three unconfigured devices are still using the default network policy, which would explain why you can't push an update out to them. When you check the box next to the APs and click Modify at the top, are you able to choose a network policy from a drop down menu and then save these settings?

bfrappier
New Contributor

8c2868f4a55c41398f2e094fe702e11a_0690c000007Sfz8AAC.png

GTM-P2G8KFN