cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade AP's

upgrade AP's

jaouad_laktami
New Contributor

device update failed. I tried to reload the accespoint. Tried again to update. It is not working

i have on the accespoint version HiveOS 8.1r2a

i want top upgrade to version

8.2r4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hmm. Last trick I have up my sleeve would be to try to go do a different HiveOS first. Say 6.5r4. I was a big fan of it and still am for certain things.

I am unable to find 7.0r1 to try to put the same two images you have on your AP on one here to test. If I was a gambling man, I'd say that code was removed from the Aerohive download page for a reason and it may be the root of your problem.

As a last resort you may need to reach out to Aerohive directly for additional assistance. I'd be curious as to their fix though if you have to take this route.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Can you paste the output of a "show version detail" command please.

I suspect the firmware you want to move to is on the "backup" partition and you're getting the insufficient space error because there is no error that states "that version already exist on the disk".

If your backup version says "Backup version:  HiveOS 8.2r4", you can simply do a reboot backup to tell the AP to boot off that partition.

jaouad_laktami
New Contributor

AP505146#show system disk-info 

Filesystem        Size   Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/root        30.9M   30.9M     0 100% /

devtmpfs        233.4M     0  233.4M  0% /dev

tmpfs          170.7M   5.8M  164.9M  3% /tmp

ubi0:f         344.7M   12.5M  327.5M  4% /f

jaouad_laktami
New Contributor

Version:      HiveOS 8.1r2a build-178408

Build time:     Mon Oct 16 22:53:16 UTC 2017

Build cookie:    1710161553-178408

Platform:      AP250

Bootloader ver:   v0.0.4.16

TPM ver:      v1.2.66.4

it says there is nog enough space for the firmware. How Can i remove some space on the accespoint.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you tell me what the device update failure message is? What model AP are you using?

GTM-P2G8KFN