cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from AP230?

Upgrade from AP230?

nlee
New Contributor

We currently have 2 classrooms in our schools with AP230s in each. There are complaints that wireless access is slow and typically we have 40 for devices connected to each. Would an upgrade of the APs help and if so which model is recommended?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Newer models like the AP250 or AP650 can hold more concurrent connections at a time, simply because they have more radios per device. However, 40 clients per AP should be fine for the AP230's, you might be better off checking the RF environment first. If you want to send tech data from an AP230 to me directly at communityhelp@aerohive.com, I can take a look and let you know what we're seeing.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for that tech data, I've emailed you a detailed summary of what we found, but to keep this thread up to date in case anyone else has this issue later on, I just wanted to mention the following:

What I'm checking for in the tech data and how to read those outputs can be found in this guide (for classic, for NG there is a separate guide)- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radio-Frequency-Interference-Troubleshooting

Overall here we're seeing a few loud neighbors and some high CRC failure rates. Suggestions on how to troubleshoot these are also in that guide.

nlee
New Contributor

thanks, have just emailed the file to you.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It depends a bit on what HiveManager platform you are using.

HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com)- You'll want to go to Monitor> Check the box next tot he AP> Utilities> Get tech data.

HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com)- You'll want to go to Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the AP> Get tech data (at the top of the page this time).

nlee
New Contributor

Thanks for responding Sam, how do I get the tech data to send to you from the AP?

GTM-P2G8KFN