cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

Upload older HiveOS firmware to hivemanager classic online.

paul_specht
New Contributor

Can it be done? I have some WAPs that are at 6.6, and want to go to 8.0 first before 8.2. but it is not in the list on the OS dropdown.

11 REPLIES 11

paul_specht
New Contributor

Ok thanks. I have port 22 blocked outbound. I will see what I can do, now that I found the issue.

THANKS for your assistance!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately we don't have a list, it would have to be so large to accommodate some of our dynamic scopes that it would be virtually unusable. Generally we suggest allowing the following ports to pass outbound traffic: UDP 12222, TCP 22, HTTP 80, TCP 443.

paul_specht
New Contributor

I found it was blocked on my firewall. I created and ACL to allow any inside to 34.225.92.51 and was able to upgrade. are there a list of aerhive IP ranges that I can put in an ACL to allow to?

paul_specht
New Contributor

I tested on 8 WAPs. 4 successfully updated. 3 stopped at 55% with no error, and one gave me this error

"An error occurred when executing the following CLI command: save image scp:/​/​******@34.225.92.51:/​HiveManager/​downloads/​home/​image/​AP230-8.0r1a.img.S 04:05:00 2018-06-28 no-prompt _password ******.

The Aerohive device was unable to upgrade image to flash memory because there is not enough memory in the device or there is error occued during the file transfer process."

GTM-P2G8KFN