cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

We are having a issue in our meeting rooms where the Wifi seem to be weaker... the AP's are close to the meeting room where i dont think the distance is a issue but all the meeting rooms have a Glass walls and doors does this affect the Wifi signal

We are having a issue in our meeting rooms where the Wifi seem to be weaker... the AP's are close to the meeting room where i dont think the distance is a issue but all the meeting rooms have a Glass walls and doors does this affect the Wifi signal

hpatel
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

hpatel
New Contributor

here is what the wifi power looks like

8bf191c70b57417b8e46fe40cfa941dc_0690c000006kenXAAQ.png

ashley_finch
Contributor III

WiFi1 is using channel 165? The UNII-3 band has a power limit of 10 so this could be affecting the signal

hpatel
New Contributor

i am going to test the signal strength today the power is Wifi1 - 165 Wifi0 - 7

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Hitesh,

Glass walls and doors will have some attenuation of the signal. What signal strength are you getting from a WiFi scanner program?

If you look either on the HiveManager monitor page you should be able to see the power the AP is transmitting at (or through CLI enter the "show acsp" command.

GTM-P2G8KFN