cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are using CWP on a guest network. There are some devices (apple TV, treadmills) that do not have the means to accept policy and authenticate. I need the straightforward procedure to set up mac authorization for these devices.

We are using CWP on a guest network. There are some devices (apple TV, treadmills) that do not have the means to accept policy and authenticate. I need the straightforward procedure to set up mac authorization for these devices.

dyarbrough1
New Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry for the confusion here, you would want to use the supplemental CLI, otherwise the CLI commands will get erased. From my first post on this thread: You would want to use a supplemental CLI to do this. This guide will walk you through how to set up a supplemental CLI: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Supplemental-CLI-NG

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey,

I've never used the supplemental CLI as it was never presented as an option to fix it. Is that route you'd recommend using?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The supplemental CLI object, does that get applied correctly to the APs when you do the initial update before you make any changes to it or do you have to always enter those MAC objects by hand?

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey,

We get it on any update to the AP, whether its a delta or complete. If we add mac filters but have it as permit by default and add these manual ones in also as permit, will that work? i.e will the mac objects remain?

Cheers

GTM-P2G8KFN