cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have Hive Connect, APs are 630s, and an application on our chromebooks will not run over the APs, but WILL run if we connect them, wired, to our network. Clearly the AP is the breaking point, but I don't know how.

We have Hive Connect, APs are 630s, and an application on our chromebooks will not run over the APs, but WILL run if we connect them, wired, to our network. Clearly the AP is the breaking point, but I don't know how.

netadmin10
New Contributor

The application in question is Aristotle Insight. I believe it runs completely over WebRTC. When we test each client involved, each passes some web base tests on WebRTC. We had peer to peer blocked at the APs and one point and the application still seemed to work. Now, it's stopped all together.

I have change the Hive so many times, I am really not sure if I have done something to block this.

Our User profiles have no firewall running. We are indeed using the default user profile.

Any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14

netadmin10
New Contributor

I turned off the DOS settings in the SSID options on the SSID that both clients are using and the application appears to be working now. I really don't want to turn off those settings, but I need to learn more about the magnitude of the values before I go turning them back on.

So maybe we have it fixed, but we have so many things to put back together before we can really say that's true or not.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Also, we're having a hard time understanding the specs of Aristotle Insight, could you answer any of the following?

What is the IP range of the servers this app uses?

Does it require any specific ports to be opened?

How does the app operate?

How often is data sent from the client devices using the app to it's servers?

What type of traffic would the app generate?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your patience, I've been reviewing your data with my colleagues but we haven't found anything so far. I have a meeting tomorrow with our expert team and I'd like to bring this up with them as well. Would you be able to add me as an external admin to your HiveManager with the email address slynn@aerohive.com so I can take a look at your configuration? No changes will be made, I just want to get an idea of the setting we have in place currently.

netadmin10
New Contributor

Here is show tech.

GTM-P2G8KFN