cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have Hive Connect, APs are 630s, and an application on our chromebooks will not run over the APs, but WILL run if we connect them, wired, to our network. Clearly the AP is the breaking point, but I don't know how.

We have Hive Connect, APs are 630s, and an application on our chromebooks will not run over the APs, but WILL run if we connect them, wired, to our network. Clearly the AP is the breaking point, but I don't know how.

netadmin10
New Contributor

The application in question is Aristotle Insight. I believe it runs completely over WebRTC. When we test each client involved, each passes some web base tests on WebRTC. We had peer to peer blocked at the APs and one point and the application still seemed to work. Now, it's stopped all together.

I have change the Hive so many times, I am really not sure if I have done something to block this.

Our User profiles have no firewall running. We are indeed using the default user profile.

Any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14

netadmin10
New Contributor

I know for sure we are not using radius. Tech data on the way.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you are unsure if CoA is enabled, and can send me tech data from the AP, I can check in there to see if we have that enabled or not.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that packet capture. I'm still looking in to some things, but in the mean time to address the IP switching, are you using Radius? If so, can you tell me if you have Change of Authorization (CoA) enabled on your Radius server? That might explain how the IP address was changing.

netadmin10
New Contributor

Perhaps this is better.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that plain text packet capture, but I'm more looking for a wireshark capture file. I need to run some filters, and look in to these packets further for you, which I can't do in a plain text capture. With the MAC address you gave me, I can see the IP switching you mentioned, but without a full packet capture file I can't really tell you anything else about those packets or that behavior. Could you send a full wireshark capture file to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com? If you search in Hive Community for Packet Capture, you should see guides on how to do this, depending on your HiveManager platform.

GTM-P2G8KFN