cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have Hive Connect, APs are 630s, and an application on our chromebooks will not run over the APs, but WILL run if we connect them, wired, to our network. Clearly the AP is the breaking point, but I don't know how.

We have Hive Connect, APs are 630s, and an application on our chromebooks will not run over the APs, but WILL run if we connect them, wired, to our network. Clearly the AP is the breaking point, but I don't know how.

netadmin10
New Contributor

The application in question is Aristotle Insight. I believe it runs completely over WebRTC. When we test each client involved, each passes some web base tests on WebRTC. We had peer to peer blocked at the APs and one point and the application still seemed to work. Now, it's stopped all together.

I have change the Hive so many times, I am really not sure if I have done something to block this.

Our User profiles have no firewall running. We are indeed using the default user profile.

Any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14

netadmin10
New Contributor

Something we have noticed, is that there is a section in the middle of the log where the client switches from our class A private address to a public IP. I have no idea how that can happen on a chromebook. In general, I don't know how that can happen, but there it is in the log.

netadmin10
New Contributor

a81d:1603:032d

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you, what was the MAC address of the client used to replicate the issue during the packet capture?

netadmin10
New Contributor

Here is a packet capture.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If there are no firewalls in place, we'd need to see a packet capture taken when a user is trying to use the Aristotle Insight application to get a better idea of what is happening to that traffic.

GTM-P2G8KFN