cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're moving or Wireless Network to a different network. How do we change the ip, gateway, and DNS?

We're moving or Wireless Network to a different network. How do we change the ip, gateway, and DNS?

cory_burns
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you're changing VLANs, you'd want to update the Network policy user profiles with the new VLAN, and the AP specific settings if you are moving them to a non-native VLAN. If you can tell me which HiveManager platform you are using, I can give you more details instructions on where to check VLANs, and set DNS.

HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com)

Or

HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you would like a technician to help you go through your configuration and verify everything is set up correctly, I would recommend opening a case and providing the support technician remote access to your HiveManager so they can see your setup for themselves.

cory_burns
New Contributor

We use HiveManager. Our DHCP gives an IP for the device, but it doesn't show in the Network Details. We changed the DNS, but nothing seemed to "take". I'm sure there is a setting that is incorrect, but we can't find it.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you're changing VLANs, you'd want to update the Network policy user profiles with the new VLAN, and the AP specific settings if you are moving them to a non-native VLAN. If you can tell me which HiveManager platform you are using, I can give you more details instructions on where to check VLANs, and set DNS.

HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com)

Or

HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com)

GTM-P2G8KFN