cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I have to do to upgrade my HM Connect to Select? Is a single payment licence or a temporal licence to be renewed every certain time?

What do I have to do to upgrade my HM Connect to Select? Is a single payment licence or a temporal licence to be renewed every certain time?

soporte13
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You do not have to upgrade from Connect to Select. Connect will never require an entitlement key, so it is free to use. Connect does not have all of the enterprise level features that Select does, so if you want those features you would have to upgrade to Select to use them. If you are using Select you will need entitlement keys for the number of devices you are managing in your network, these can be purchased in 1, 3, or 5 year increments, and then they will need to be renewed. If you are using an on premises HiveManager, you would purchase an entitlement key once, but then it would not expire and all you would have to renew would be your support. Does that answer your question?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

soporte13
New Contributor

Completely!

Thanks Sam 🙂

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You do not have to upgrade from Connect to Select. Connect will never require an entitlement key, so it is free to use. Connect does not have all of the enterprise level features that Select does, so if you want those features you would have to upgrade to Select to use them. If you are using Select you will need entitlement keys for the number of devices you are managing in your network, these can be purchased in 1, 3, or 5 year increments, and then they will need to be renewed. If you are using an on premises HiveManager, you would purchase an entitlement key once, but then it would not expire and all you would have to renew would be your support. Does that answer your question?

GTM-P2G8KFN