cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do the lights on an AP630 mean?

What do the lights on an AP630 mean?

lsommerer
New Contributor III

I deployed about a dozen AP630s this morning. Some of them are blinking white and some of them are alternating white and amber. Is there a document that tells what the blinking means? Note: this is not the bootup light sequence. These access points have been up for hours and seem to be working more or less correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lsommerer
New Contributor III

It is now my understanding from talking to Aerohive Support that both alternating white/amber LEDs and blinking white LEDs indicate that the access point is not receiving 802.11at (PoE+) power. The fix in my case was to turn on LLDP in my network policy, update the configuration on access points, and reboot the access points.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

lsommerer
New Contributor III

It is now my understanding from talking to Aerohive Support that both alternating white/amber LEDs and blinking white LEDs indicate that the access point is not receiving 802.11at (PoE+) power. The fix in my case was to turn on LLDP in my network policy, update the configuration on access points, and reboot the access points.

lsommerer
New Contributor III

No, everything is hardwired. I'm taking out some AP120 and AP121 and replacing them with these AP630s.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Are you using a mesh ?

lsommerer
New Contributor III

Thank you. I'm aware of that document, but I think those Status Light states apply to the bootup sequence. These have been booted for over 24 hours now and are showing two sequences that are not on that list. Either a slowly blinking white or an alternating white/amber. Any idea what that means?

GTM-P2G8KFN