cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean and how do I achieve it? Maximum transmit power on an AP should also be set at the lowest common denominator.(power of weakest client) to allow more robust two way communication

What does this mean and how do I achieve it? Maximum transmit power on an AP should also be set at the lowest common denominator.(power of weakest client) to allow more robust two way communication

twells
New Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

twells
New Contributor

Thanks Sam. I appreciate your response. Tim

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That just means that the APs power should be high enough so the client device can hear the signal and connect to the AP, and low enough that we aren't overlapping signals with other APs, which causes packet damage. If you're worried your power settings are not correct, and you would be able to send me tech data from an AP at communityhelp@aerohive.com, I can take a look and let you know if your power is too high or too low.

GTM-P2G8KFN