Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happen after license expires ?

What happen after license expires ?

prashan
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

What happen when HiveManager NG Subscription License for Aerohive Access Point/Switches and HiveManager NG Perpetual License for Aerohive Access Point/Switches expires ?

Is it going to freeze/discontinued like Meraki ? Will exiting configuration remain ? Or it will comes to "Connect" features ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you have an expired license, HiveManager will lock you to the license page until you enter a valid license. Your APs will continue running as normal unless they encounter a different issue, but you won't be able to manage or update them until you enter a new key in to your HiveManager. The HiveManager will never revert to Connect on you.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

@Alejandro Calvo​ , thank you for that key, I've applied it to the HiveManager for you so you should be good to go. Could you confirm that you are able to log in now?

a_calvo
New Contributor

@Sam Pirok​ I email you the correct key, thanks

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know @Alejandro Calvo​ , I can apply the key for you. Just to make sure, the key you need applied, does that end in 8YY? If you need a different key applied, please email that to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com and I'll get that added in for you.

a_calvo
New Contributor

Hi @Sam Pirok​ , I have a problem to renew the license of a HiveManager Classic, when I login, it sends me the following message:

Welcome to Aerohive HiveManager

The license has expired, you need to get a new entitlement key.

I already have the entitlement key but I can't enter it, what can I do in this case? the VHM ID: VHM-HXB6Y9 and the account with which I login is: Isaac.deleon@linio.com

Thanks!

GTM-P2G8KFN