cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What reasons would there be for a PPSK to stop working on a handful of devices, while it works on others connected to the same AP?

What reasons would there be for a PPSK to stop working on a handful of devices, while it works on others connected to the same AP?

tgmatula
New Contributor

Our campuses are experiencing chronic connectivity issues with one of the following symptoms:

1) Either the PPSK stops working on their device. 

2) They are able to connect to the SSID and PPSK but no internet connectivity. Cannot ping DNS or Gateway. 

Testing:

Rebooting the AP does nothing for the user. Moving closer to the AP or changing the connection preference between 2.4 and 5GHz has no effect.

The only solution... so far is to locate which RADSEC(proxy) the AP is connecting to and reboot it...

Oak-AP106#show idm

IDM client: Enabled Per SSID

IDM Proxy IP: 10.31.120.40

IDM proxy: Disabled

RadSec Certificate state: Valid

RadSec Certificate Issued: 2019-01-15 08:25:32 GMT

RadSec Certificate Expires: 2020-01-15 08:25:32 GMT

Is the IDM Proxy supposed to show "DIsabled" even though the IP is listed and it is using that particular proxy for PPSK authentication?  

Anyone have any permanent solutions for the RADSEC issues???

6 REPLIES 6

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for those files. Could you provide the MAC address of the client that wasn't able to connect when you pulled these logs?

tgmatula
New Contributor

Logs uploaded.

tgmatula
New Contributor

We have turned on debugging on the APs near the most vocal residents. As soon as i receive a call that the issue is occurring i will download the logs and send them over. We have not been able to reproduce the issue at will or on the fly. It usually re-appears approximately 7-10 days after the last RADSEC AP reboot. Again, the devices it affects has been random. Usually a cell phone or tablet stops working on the PPSK while a laptop and a different tablet in the same area work fine with the same PPSK.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. In that case, would you be able to SSH in to the AP, enable auth debugs, replicate the issue, note the MAC address of the device you used to replicate the issue, and send me tech data pulled directly after replicating along with the MAC address used during the test? If you'd like to send that to me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

This guide reviews how to enable auth debugs: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Authentication-Auth-Debugs

GTM-P2G8KFN