What version of HiveOS SHOULD I use?

aprice
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

aprice
New Contributor

Turns out there's an actual page for this. No idea why I couldn't find it with any of my search terms, but I must have been asking the question the wrong way.

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/What-is-the-Recommended-Firmware-for-my-Device

aprice
New Contributor

Thanks Tony. That's helpful info.

tandrews
New Contributor

We moved to 10.0r5 this summer (233 AP230s and 35 AP250s). Staff and students are gone, so we don't have a ton of traffic right now. From what I observed I don't think you will get much data in "Insights" if you aren't at least at 8.4.

aprice
New Contributor

Well, that didn't let me add a description...

At one time there was a golden branch of HiveOS and we adaopted it in order to try and gain some stability after a series of bad updates left us with weird behavior. It looks like that branch may be gone now. So, is there a place I should check or an official ATAC recommendation for what branch of HiveOS we should be running for a particular AP series? For example, our Cisco and Juniper systems are both covered by documents or sites where their respective TACs recommend a certain release based on stability, known issues, and feature set.

In particular we use the AP230 and are on the 8.2 branch, but 8.4 and 10.0 are available.

GTM-P2G8KFN